WordPress BotBlocker Free Download
BotBlocker should play nicely with most customized comment forms and should not conflict with other comment or spam plugins you have active. It also has a number of configurable settings. You can change the method for blocking spam, turn errors on or off, and set the level of randomness for how to hide the honeypot field. The plugin can also obfuscate the standard WordPress comment fields and rename them to make it harder for spam bots to figure out. Of course, it takes a little while to see how effective a plugin is at blocking spam and this one is too new for gauging results. I am currently testing it and hope to see good results blocking bots over the next week or two. Make sure you’re following us on Twitter and we’ll post an update. Download BotBlocker from the wordpress.org or visit the plugin’s homepage for more information.
- Automatically stops spam-bots from commenting
- Zero hindrance to users: no CAPTCHAS, math questions, passwords or extra input required
- Zero false positives
- Can be configured to completely block spam-bots or flag comments as spam
- Spam detection messages can be easily customized through the dashboard
- Hooks into wp-comments-post.php to prevent spam-bots from directly submitting spam comments
How to Install?
- 1) Install via wordpress.org
- 2) Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the wp-content/plugins/ directory of
- your WordPress installation and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
- Where is the Startup Guide?
- Where is the OnLine Manual?
- Where is the Faq page?
- How can i get support?
- Where is the demo video?
Last Updated on