Aelia WooCommerce EU VAT Assistant v18.104.22.168618 is designed to help achieving compliance with the new European VAT regulations, coming into effect on the 1st of January 2015. Starting from that date, digital goods sold to consumers in the European Union are liable to EU VAT, no matter where the seller is located. The VAT rate to apply to each sale is the one charged in the country of consumption, i.e. where the customer resides. These new rules apply to worldwide sellers, whether resident in the European Union or not, who sell their products to EU customers. You can also download WHMPress 4.3 Free Download
Features of EU VAT Assistant
- Fully compatible with our WooCommerce plugins.
- Calculates and stores the VAT amounts automatically, for each order.
- Collects evidence required by the new regulations, to prove that the correct VAT rate was applied. The plugin can automatically detect customer’s location, thus gathering one of the approved pieces of evidence.
- Allows to collect a self-certification from the customer, when insufficient evidence is available to prove his/her location.
- Accepts and validates EU VAT numbers, applying VAT exemption when appropriate. Validation of European VAT numbers is performed via the official VIES service, provided by the European Commission. This feature is equivalent to the one provided by the EU VAT Number plugin.
- Supports a dedicated VAT currency, which is used to generate the reports. You can sell in any currency you like, the EU VAT Assistant plugin will take care of converting the VAT amounts to the currency you will use to file your returns.
- Automatically updates the exchange rates that are be used to produce the VAT reports in the selected VAT currency. The plugin can fetch exchange rates from the following providers:
- European Central Bank
- HM Revenue and Customs service
- Irish Revenue (experimental)
- Danish National Bank
- Automatically populates the VAT rates for all EU countries in WooCommerce Tax Settings.
- Fully compatible with our other products, such WooCommerce Currency Switcher, Prices by Country and Tax Display by Country.
- Supports WooCommerce Subscriptions.
- Includes function for integration with PDF Invoices and Packing Slips plugin and other PDF Invoice plugins, to simplify the creation of EU VAT-compliant invoices.
- Reports included
- VAT MOSS
- Domestic VAT
Last Updated on