- Beginner-level experience in Python. If you do not have this experience, check out our Intro to Programming Nanodegree or the first three lessons of Intro to Computer Science.
- Experience using Git for version control. If you do not have this experience, check out our How to Use Git and GitHub course.
- You are self-driven and motivated to learn. Participation in this program requires consistently meeting the deadlines set for your cohort and devoting at least 10 hours per week to your work.
- You can communicate fluently and professionally in written and spoken English.
- You have access to a computer with a broadband connection, on which you’ll install a professional code/text editor (ie. Sublime Text or Atom) as well as virtual machines (using VirtualBox and Vagrant).
- You are willing to contribute to the success of the program, including collaborating with fellow students and giving us feedback on how we can improve.
Desirable Prior Experience
- You’ve completed an online programming course.
- You’ve tried to build server-side applications in the past and want to learn how to do it like a pro.